We take life too seriously but have we ever thought that we can maintain our well-being if we take laughter seriously. Laughter Yoga is the newest craze sweeping the world with its benefits. Here is an introduction.
Laughter yoga is a unique concept which can help you keep stress, depression, sleep disorders and negative mindset at bay. Simple yet profound, it’s a routine like no other. Let’s look at some benefits that it has on offer especially for those who are working in he stresful corporate environment.
- Good Mood : Laughter Yoga helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing certain chemicals from your brain cells called endorphins. You will remain cheerful and in a good mood throughout the day and will laugh more than you normally do.
- Beat Stress: Laughter Yoga is like an aerobic exercise (cardio workout) which brings more oxygen to the body and brain thereby making one feel more energetic and relaxed.
- Bolsters Immunity: Laughter Yoga reduces the stress and strengthens the immune system. You will not fall sick easily and if you have some chronic health conditions, you will heal faster.
- Quality of Life: Laughter is a positive energy which helps people to connect with other people quickly and improves relationships. If you laugh more, you will attract many friends.
- Positive Attitude: Laughter helps to create a positive mental state to deal with negative situations and negative people. It gives hope and optimism to cope with difficult times.
- Workplace Stress: Laughter Yoga is a unique system that helps to reduce physical, mental and emotional stress at the same time. It works simultaneously both on body and mind.
- Improved Efficiency: Performance depends upon mood and Laughter Yoga has the power to change the mood state within minutes by releasing neuro-peptides from the brain cells called endorphins. Science tells us that the brain needs 25% more oxygen than other body organs. Laughter Yoga increases the net supply of oxygen which helps in optimal performance and boosts energy levels.
Team Building: Laughter Yoga has the ability to change the work environment drastically by making people happy and cheerful, bringing positive mental attitude, hope and optimism in the workforce. It also increases communication skills to help in teambuilding.
- Leadership skills: Laughter Yoga helps to connect with people in the workplace and bring an emotional balance. This is greatly helpful in achieving targets and accomplishing goals.