Gel polish nails are recommended for professionals who need to be groomed all the time. It is a time-saving procedure and is slowly becoming one of the latest trends in the fashion industry.
At FabFit, we understand your need to look your best every time. But before you get hooked on gel polish, let’s first find out what this latest trend is about and discover if this is right for you.
Gel Polish Nails: The Process
There are a few steps to achieve a gel manicure. They are as follows:
- Nail prepping or buffing – once the basic manicure is done, a thin coat of the natural nail is polished to take out the natural oils, allowing the gel to stick properly to the nails.
- pH Balancer application – once the nails are prepped, a thin coating of pH balancer is applied to counter a chemical reaction that could otherwise damage the nails.
- Fixing the artificial tip of the nails – if you choose to have longer nails, an artificial tip can be applied and cut based on your preference.
- Hardening and strengthening the gel nails – the next step is applying the gel. It is recommended to apply two coats. Once the first coating is done, the gels are cured under UV light (ultraviolet) for two minutes. Some salons use LED light which is safer and only cures the nails for 30 seconds each coating.
- Polishing the gel – the last step is filing the nails into your preferred shape, buffing the surface again, smoothening the nails, and then polishing them to make them look shiny and elegant.
On average, gel manicures can last up to 2-3 weeks without any need for a retouch.
Gel Polish: Raging Popularity
With all those ongoing beauty trends, Indian women have become interested in the new fashion trend. India seems to be conceptualizing and developing the same pattern in the prime nail care industry. More and more Indian women are opting for gel polish and experimenting with nail arts.
The question is: how safe are they? Here are some of their advantages and disadvantages:
Gel Polish: Advantages
- Durability – gel manicures guarantee chip-free nails. There is no need to worry about smudging the polish as the gel sets and hardens properly in place.
- Longevity – normally, regular manicures only last for a few days since they tend to chip off easily. Sometimes even shorter than that if you subject your nails to harsh use. Gel manicures will last for 2-3 weeks, even four weeks on some brands.
- Strength – our nails are delicate, and the longer the length of the natural nails is, the more susceptible they are to breaking. The coating of the polish and top layer applied on the nails protect them from tearing or breaking as long as the polish stays on.
- Smooth finish – the finished look from a gel manicure is striking, shiny, glossy and really smooth that brush strokes are unnoticeable.
Gel Polish: Disadvantages
- UV exposure – gel polish will directly expose your nails and hands to the UV rays. But since the duration of exposure is short, it does not cause much harm.
- Removing – if you decide to have the gels removed, you have to seek professional assistance for that. You cannot just simply remove it by yourself.
- Limited choices of colors – there may be many brands that offer gel polish right now, but the colors available are still limited. Also, since most polishes are packed in dark bottles due to their sensitivity to light, it is quite difficult to see the actual colors until you have them on your fingers.
Wish to try out the new trend of get gel nails ? Call at 011-39595984 and we will book you a salon of your choice for the service and ensure a FLAT 20% discount.