Lady of the house bears the greatest responsibility of conducting household work. In the midst of all the mundane drama, she usually loses touch with herself and the need to pamper her own self too. Yet we believe that the modern day woman is bold, self-sufficient and looks forward towards spending a great deal of time on herself as well.
Being a good mother does not call for the same qualities as being a good housewife; a dedication to keeping children clean and tidy may override an interest in their separate development as individuals. – Ann Oakley
For all women out there who toil daily for providing their home and families best possible comforts, here are some ways to rejuvenate and feel good about yourself while you carry-on the daily chores. Here are some grooming techniques to keep you feeling upbeat. For looking and feeling good are often believed to be intertwined.
- Self-introspection is the first step for any grooming regime, as no two people are the same and no two grooming needs can be the same. Why we mention self-introspection here? Because housewives are unable to devote enough time to themselves, therefore, it is important that they sit down and write down their strengths, weakness, likes, or dislikes when it comes to beauty and grooming.
- Coming to the basics, more than often than not, you will find your hair untidy or shabby. Rule no. 1 of any grooming game is to look tidy and neat. Tie your hair properly in a bun or ponytail or braid. If you want to leave your hair open, make sure you keep them combed and in place.
- Manicures and pedicures are an essential tool for any women’s grooming regime. If you think it is difficult to keep with the monthly visit to the parlor, simply dip your feet in a tub at home with some shampoo and exfoliator by your side, as you take care of the baby.
- Basic makeup should be in place like a BB cream or a CC cream with lip balm or light eyeliner based on your preferences. Too bland or too spicy, both can make you look below the mark.
- Facials are as important as keeping the clothes clean and hair tidy, as they remove the tan, bad skin, and blackheads. Therefore, you can cleanse, exfoliate, and apply a mask at home if shelling out money for facials sounds too much. Otherwise, a monthly visit to the parlor is a must.
- Eyebrows and facial hair are a turn off and if you are looking for perfection, how can you miss well-shaped eyebrows and no upper lip hair. If you prefer, you could also tint your eyebrows with black or brown shade, nothing too dramatic though.
Try these simple things and enjoy the positive responses from your family and friends!