Women of all ages and sectors are taking up personal grooming as a matter of prime importance. All offices and workplaces are different and it is not necessary that your workplace has to be a glamourous designer house or a big media house to propel you to groom better. Lauren A. Rothman, author of the new book, ‘Style Bible: What to Wear to Work’ states to the Huffington Post,
“A first impression is made every day”
Very aptly put, we all get a new chance to stand out at our workplace, regardless we are into a client facing work or not. How people in the office perceive us defines our success, promotions, impressions and the work allotted to us.
Here is a list of things that will help you dress for success and groom for good at the workplace.
1. First things first, you face. It is your market value and no one wants to meet & greet with a tired looking face. It is important you cover the dark circles or take care of the under eye bags with help of potato slices or green tea bags. Also, an even skin tone free from patchiness is a welcome affair. Rotham emphasizes to stand a few feet away from the mirror and check If there is any patchiness, if so, it should go.
2. Also, applying tons of makeup is not the only to achieve a beautiful looking, glowing face. Our inner beauty surpasses the artificial makeup we apply on the face. Therefore, it is important that you moisturize your face time to time and also hydrate as much as possible to keep the rosy glow.
3. Makeup should be simple and nothing loud. But a good lipstick attracts all the attention to your lips. When you speak, you want to be heard and a good lipstick that exactly that and more.
4. Coming back to the eyes, if you could not sleep properly last night, you would want to add a layer of mascara to bring brightness and freshness to your face. Also, fake eyelashes should be kept outside the office doors. It is just a lot of drama in one place.
5. Nails and hair are as important as your eyes and lips. Long nails with loud nail color or chipping off paint is a sad story. Make sure your nails are trimmed, painted well and manicured too. Hairstyles need to be simple, neat and creased. If you cannot manage long hair, leave it for some other time.
6. Perfume or scent you wear speaks volumes about your personality, whether you sprinkle the right amount or overdo it. Many people are allergic to different scents or would not prefer a specific one. Therefore, apply minimum amount that can come across only when someone comes in close contact.
Lauren adds from Huffington’s interview, “I really consider perfume to be like lingerie — it’s something for you to enjoy, and for somebody who comes in close.”
7. Your jewelry should ne subtle and simple. No bling bling in the office, please. Also, piercing are a sign of immaturity, keep it all at bay.
With all that being said, whenever in doubt, Fabfit suggests you keep it simple & chic.